Why am I not entering? I'm hip-deep in planning a rewrite, and that's what I'm focusing on, first. If I get it done in time, maybe I'll take a look.
However, for all of you children's writers who do plan to enter, there is one big, noticeable change in the contest this year.
The partial/submission package option won’t be offered this year. In past years, you could apply for just a partial critique, along with a critique of your synopsis and query letter. Basically, it was a critique of the "package" you send to agents, when you query. I personally loved this option, but WM's done away with it.
Here are the WM dates to keep in mind:
- Mentor chats on Twitter: 12-14th April 2021
- Mentee application window open: 15-16th April 2021
- Mentor-Mentee announcement: 30th April 2021
- Mentoring period: 1st May-31st August 2021
- Agent Showcase: Friday 3rd-10th September 2021
Mark your calendars, and let me know if you enter. Good luck!